The Chicago Apple User Group is the largest Apple User Group in the City of Chicago, and was founded in 1984 as an educational non-profit organization. It is not a part of Apple, Inc, in any way. Its funding comes entirely from memberships, it does not receive any funding from any organizations. The mission is to be the very best resource for all things Apple for everyone in Chicago and the surrounding area. This includes training, 3rd party products, and much more. The main activity of the organization is a monthly meeting where many nationally recognized speakers come to make exclusive appearances. The club regularly reaches out to hundreds of people in the greater Chicago area. The memberships make the many benefits of the club available. The home page of the group is at www.chicagoappple.org.
Some of the benefits of membership:
1. Make new friends. Our group is filled with many warm and interesting people who you can talk with and learn from.
2. Get your questions answered. Each month we have a Q&A session, and we have an online ListServ to help answer your questions.
3. Teach. Maybe you know a thing or two that can be helpful to others. Here’s your chance!
4. Save money. Many of our programs offer significant discounts on products or services, and you can recoup the $45 annual membership fee in as little as one purchase.
5. Make business contacts. The Mac and iOS products are being used more and more in the business community. We can help make some of those contacts.
6. Have fun. We have a fun time at our meetings, we are sure you’ll enjoy yourself.
7. Win prizes. We have raffle prizes at virtually every meeting, you can win.
8. Win the big prize. We give away a huge prize to one current member every year at our December meeting. It might be you!
9. Meet nationally famous speakers you’ll never see anywhere else in the Chicago area. We regularly bring in several marquee names each year. Some examples have included Adam Engst, Bob LeVitus, Andy Ihnatko, Bert Monroy, among many others.
10. Find stuff you won’t find online or at the store. We are an unbiased source of information. Many times you’ll find things at our club that you just won’t run across anywhere else.
Interested? Then join! You can join at any main meeting, or online: http://www.chicagoapple.org/join.php Our monthly meetings are at 6:30 pm on the first Wednesday of each month, and are located at Whitney Young Magnet High School. The address is 211 S. Laflin, Chicago, IL 60607.